Behind the scenes at the Ironclub Warehouse.
Every now and then, you get a chance to get some perspective about what you're doing...and we're always grateful to come to the same conclusion: we love what we do.
It’s a privilege to start and build a business like this from scratch. If you're just tuning in, we've been able to
- Become the premiere liquid chalk on the market. Quite frankly, we're the gold standard. We've dominated on product quality time and time again.
- Craft quality apparel designed for lifters with a clean look that people just rave about. The love we get about the quality of our fabric, the athletic cuts, right down to details like custom sewn tags is so rewarding. We don't skimp on anything.
- Support a team of athletes through sponsorships across the nation. We actually have paid to fly athletes out, pay for registration fees, hotels, food. We're still a startup and can't do everything but we've done so much that I'm proud of our team.
- Create and host NIGHTLFT, a strength charity exhibition and nightlife event twice, and donate $3,600 to the MDA with the help of fellow strength brands. We were able to pay for vaccines, clinics, doctor visits, and even send two kids to an MDA Summer Camp for a week. We had so much fun at those events (you can look them up on YouTube).
- Share high quality photos, videos, and features on our athletes and the sport. With the help of awesome talent, we're trying to raise the quality of content in the sport.
- Become an official sponsor of USA Powerlifting. No joke, this was a huge accomplishment for us. To be able to support athletes on one of the biggest platforms out there is unreal. The Arnold Classic was an unbelievable experience and the fact that we had athletes compete on one of the biggest stages in the world in a meet that we sponsored was an honor.
- And become a positive influence for tens of thousands of lifters.
We’ve grown a ton in the last 19 months but we’re really just getting started. We have so many projects that we want to bring out. From events to apparel collabs and new things like premium colored chalk...the future is so bright.
But the perception is that we've always been big and successful. And while we've definitely grown fast, sometimes faster than we can keep up with, the truth is that we're still a small business. We didn’t start with a lot.
Hell, we didn’t start with anything.
The truth is we started Ironclub kind of as an accident.
We didn’t start this because of the money. We just made an early version of our liquid chalk just for ourselves because we love lifting. So we trained for fun and ended up perfecting the chalk as a result.
It wasn't until someone asked to buy a bottle from us that we put together our aspirations of building something bigger than us and it's been a rollercoaster of a ride since.
It was when we were writing thank you cards to our athletes today that we got that it really sunk in though.
Today we have 24 athletes but when we started we had 7. We wanted to bring together all types of athletes under one team. We wanted those people to earn it so we hosted an online combine and drafted the very best and as you know, the diversity and talent is real.
They’re all strong as hell breaking into, if not dominating the top of their classes. If they aren’t quite there, they sure as heck are moving up. Most of all…they’re good people. We wanted to help them, and in turn, help the strength sports grow.
Powerlifting, Weightlifting, Strongman, CrossFit, Bodybuilding-they've all given us so much, and as cliché as it sounds, we believe the best way to grow is to giveback.
Let's be honest, most of us wouldn't be here if lifting didn't help you. Maybe it helped you build your self-esteem or get disciplined...whatever it was, you decided to pick up a barbell and change your life.
You decided not to be a causality of your environment. You decided you’re going to grow against the grain.
You’ll sweat, you’ll hurt, maybe you’ll bleed a little…but no one is going to take this away from you. You know the feeling—it doesn’t matter how you lift, you get it. We all have it too.
The truth is:
It doesn't matter where you come from, or how you lift. We share the same hands. The same Iron. The same fire inside. That is what Ironclub is about.
We want that message to spread. We pour it into everything we do. Chalk, apparel, charity events, collabs, photos, in person, at events, online, offline, etc.
Sometimes its shared with humor and sometimes its serious.
Whatever gets that message across, carry that message with you. Share it.
Let's grow this club together.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Chief Executive Officer
Ironclub Distribution Company